Tuesday 27 March 2012


People understand Mahabharat as an epic story of war....But the truth is each one of us is fighting a war every single second...We are fighting a war with our own selves....Have we never recognized the wrong within us? Mahabharat is nothing but the war of external factors versus the conscience. If conscience is the pure manifestation of God himself, then Mahabharat is occuring within ourselves.And let us not think that our ''Good'' morals and principles makes things easy for us....


  • In fact our principles, be they good or bad, create big obstacles in our path and the courage to abide by these is what renders us our spirit. Did you think Duryodhan had no principles??? He had his own principles of being adamant and he stuck to them.....Kaal or Samay decides where the result leads us.
  •  
  •  There is a Dhritrashtra within every one of us: The blind side which we have never been exposed to,
  •  
  • There is a Gandhari within everyone of us (Which is worse): The side we are exposed to, but we choose to ignore.
  •  
  • There is an urge to stick to our own principles which is represented by Pitamaah Bheeshma.
  •  
  • The Yudhishthir within us stands for justice morals and tolerance, but when the same aspect is manipulated till the extent of being tortured, the inner war, which in Krishna's language is inevitable, breaks out.
  • We have the urge to stand for our own selves, support logic, knowledge, intelliegence and improvement on the path of humility which is represented by Draupadi.
  • All these characters within us battle amongst each other to reach something called Krishna....The Ultimate.....(Which is not God, in plain language: It is much beyond that). We are all undergoing evolution at each step......It does not matter whether you are Yudhisthir, Arjun, Duryodhan or Draupadi, the fact is when your goal is moving towards the ultimate which is within, around and all over you, you just need to define who you are.


  • I'll just narrate my life incident:''Tuesday, Mar 6, 2012: I receive an email stating that I need to write an urgent essay for which I am being paid and this happens exactly at the time when i am researching for my PhD proposal and collecting previous researches before an important meeting. I could have delayed the meeting and written for money; The HRR did not contact me for one month for obvious reasons pertaining to disappointment. It was a difficult month :He had written to me about the increase in payment and I still refused. There came a point when I had written about a research work in 3 flat hours and yet my pay was cut down.....The only character to rise within me was Draupadi who could not stand injustice. I wrote them back that my own principles and committment was more important than anything else....
  • ''I do not know what would have happened after that, but today I am able to walk with a raised head and full self-dignity. I may stammer, I may get nervous in social situations, but my spirit has never learnt to support or stand by the wrong thing........At the same time, the adamant attitude has to be controlled when you are raising your head against what you think is right and what you think is wrong....My purpose of writing this note is not to propagate a moral, spiritual or a religious discussion: The purpose is to realise the broader message behind an obvious story....I guess, that is all for today's note writing!!
  •  
  • Love and regards,
  •  
  • Phoram Trivedi



No comments:

Post a Comment